Due to the care and concern for the safety of our ministry partners, vendors, and staff, the Leadership Team of the Iowa Conference has developed a long-term plan for usage of the Conference Center building in Des Moines. Beginning Monday, July 6, 2020, staff can receive visitors and group meetings may resume under the following guidelines:
- Visitors will be allowed in the building by appointment only during our designated visitor days - Tuesday and Thursday of each week.
- Visitors with an appointment may enter the building by calling the meeting host once they have arrived in the parking lot.
- The meeting host will greet visitors at the front door and direct them to the guest register near the reception desk.
- Staff and visitors will be required to wear a face covering in the public areas of the building, i.e. hallways, restrooms, etc.
- If a visitor arrives without a face covering, the Conference will make one available to the visitor before they enter the building.
- Visitors participating in a group meeting will be limited to a maximum of 12 people to allow for the appropriate physical distancing.
- Only one group meeting (5-12 people) will be allowed during the designated visitor days.
- If a meal is provided during the meeting, the meal will consist of pre-packaged and single-serve items only.
- After the close of the meeting, the host will ask that visitors sign-out in the guest register near the front desk.
While staff are being encouraged to work remotely as often as possible, it is also important that we provide a safe space for our staff and our ministry partners to connect in person when necessary. For questions related to previously scheduled board or agency meetings during the coming months, please contact your staff support person directly. The Leadership Team of the Conference will continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, and changes to the guidelines above will be communicated as quickly as possible.