Adams Davidson at WITCC graduated with an Associate Degree in Networking Administration on May 15. His plans have changed drastically because of a change in his visa status from a “student” to “work” visa from the U.S. Government. He is to be employed at WITCC June 1 as an IT Technician. WITCC is sending paperwork to his wife that will allow them to request visas to come to the U.S. to be with him while he completes his Bachelor’s Degree. He will take online classes while working and is hoping his family is granted the papers needed to travel to Iowa. We pray so as he misses his wife, Ruth and three small children: Destiny (10), Divine (8), and Beverly Joy (5).
• June 8 at 8:30 AM at the Annual Conference Worship/Celebratory Service we will highlight our 25 years of mission and ministry with the UMC in Nigeria.
• Hurry now to get your dinner ticket for the catered INP dinner at 5:30 PM on June 8 at First UMC, 1001 Pleasant St., Des Moines (about 7 minutes from the conference). Tickets are only $10, payable to First UMC and sent to
Christine Anders, 1001 Pleasant St., Des Moines 50309. The program will be “Tales out of Nigeria” presented by Iowa travelers to Nigeria!
• Silent Auction of Nigerian clothing, cloth, artifacts, short handled hoes, pictures, etc.
Where: Iowa Nigeria Partnership Display tables at Hy Vee Hall A
When: Silent bidding begins Sat. June 6 at noon, concludes Mon. June 8 at 5 PM
Winners: Announcement of highest bidders on Mon. June 8 at INP Dinner, Tue. June 9 at 8:30 AM
Pickup/payment: Tues. June 9 by 10:30 AM, checks payable to Conf. Treasurer
• Pictorial walk of Nigerian pictures in Hy Vee Hall taken by Iowans who traveled to Nigeria. Pictures are available for purchase of $20.
• Check out the authentic Nigerian village in the Display area.
• Prepare to “dance” to the front of the stage as we take an offering a la Nigeria style.
A Nigerian clergyman, beginning his pastoral career, has asked for a clergy or black choir robe. If you have one to donate, please let me know as I will take it to Nigeria June 11. Beverly.email@example.com or 515 266 4186. Thanks.
Prayers for safe travels, good weather and flexible schedule are requested by the Iowa team of 7 persons traveling on June 11 – 27. Five persons from Cedar Falls First UMC will paint the new medical clinic at Banyam Theological Seminary. Linda Rowe will visit village wells and hold a Farm Progress Show for agricultural directors. I will do Iowa Nigeria Partnership business.
Grandview UMC (Dubuque) will send a team of 4 persons to visit Damka, their partner church in Nigeria on June 25 – July 4.