Topic: Boy Scout Bankruptcy -
If you/your church is a Charter Organization and have received a packet from Boy Scouts of America regarding their bankruptcy – please follow this procedure:
- If you received an Opt Out Form - Do Not Opt Out – Do Nothing Now. Shred/Destroy/Marker Out this page in the packet. (Likely Page 10). Wait for direction that will be coming from General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) later this month.
- If you received a Ballot – Do Nothing Now. Hold the ballot as we await further instruction from GCF - Contact your DS – and they will guide you through next steps, which will likely include a special-called Charge Conference
- For those who filed Proof of Claim - If your church filed a proof of claim, again, reach out to your DS and they will advise you of next steps.
- For those who already acted - If you already responded and DID choose to opt out and have mailed that in, please contact your DS immediately as this opens up your church for litigation and you lose current protections.
- A step-by-step guide will be sent to the Conference and your District Superintendent in the near future. This guidance will be share with you and take you through next steps. This will include sample ballots, etc. so that you know specifically what is being referenced and asked of each chartering church.
Please continue to pray for all those who have suffered childhood sexual abuse as their pain and trauma remains for a lifetime.
Camp Clear Lake District
Pictured Rocks District
Golden Valley District
Riverview Park District