The latest information and inspiration.Subscribe
Over 100,000 lives will be saved in Sub-Saharan Africa thanks to the Iowa Annual Conference!
We have been working hard for the last year to help end death and suffering from malaria and this week passed $1,000,000 in gifts to the Imagine No Malaria campaign.
While we know the work on the ground is unprecedented and making significant progress, it has been equally exciting to see how local churches are being re-energized by this mission, new relationships are being built, and young people are leading the way.
Here are a few highlights of how churches have been busy this summer:
· Denison UMC has partnered with their local schools and elementary students in the area are bringing in their change to help save lives. The church is reaching out and meeting new people in their neighborhood!
· The churches of the Riverside School District in SW Iowa joined together for a basketball game and potluck and raised over $4000 for Imagine No Malaria.
· First UMC in Ankeny incorporated INM into their youth soccer league and helped young people to bring gifts of nets.
· Running From Malaria finished up on July 2 – Three guys from Waverly ran 350 miles across Iowa and raised $15,000 for the United Methodist and ELCA malaria campaigns.
· The Marshalltown area churches are joining together for worship and celebration at the end of August. They are excited about new possibilities for connectionalism in their area.
· Lovely Lane UMC hosted a camp out and had families sleeping under nets in their church yard to raise awareness about malaria efforts in their neighborhood.
The stories are endless… the gifts are real… God is good and is moving in our midst as we work together to help save lives! Get more great ideas and share your own at www.inmiowa.org/church
Thanks for all of your hard work!