The latest information and inspiration.Subscribe
For too long, the voice of people of faith has been hidden, drowned out or altogether silent in the public media. This course is designed to help you reclaim your own voice in order to speak faith to a world desperately in need of the good news of God's love by using the communications tools of the 21st century.
Download the course overview and syllabus (PDF, 138.KB).
• Cost: $29.99
• 2014 Course Dates
◦ March 12 - April 23, 2014 - Click here to register for this course.
◦ May 7 - June 18, 2014 - Registration for this session will open on April 7, 2014
◦ July 9 - August 20, 2014
◦ September 10 - October 22, 2014
◦ November 5 - December 17, 2014
• Upon successful completion, learners are awarded 1 ALLLM CEU.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Explain the importance of telling stories of faith and sharing individual messages in the public sphere.
• Craft and share personal stories of faith.
• Identify people and organizations with whom to build relationships via social media and other 21st century communications tools.
• Use and participate in specific tools, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or Flickr, and Blog.
• Articulate and implement best practices for using 21st century communications tools to communicate faith.
• Discover additional training opportunities to organize a local church small group study for Communicating Faith in the 21st Century that can empower the local church to tell its stories of faith in the public sphere.
• Access resources from United Methodist Communications, The United Methodist Church, United Methodist News Service, and other denomination and faith-based organizations.
What can I expect?
This online course allows learners to complete the 6-week schedule at their own pace, at their convenience.
In the course, you will
• Read information,
• Explore multimedia materials,
• Engage in discussion forums,
• Complete assignments,
• Take quizzes, and
• Share feedback.
How to register?
• Click here to register for this course.
A limited number of virtual seats are available for this course and are first come, first serve. Seats will no longer be available after the course is full or once the course begins.