The latest information and inspiration.Subscribe
Are you looking for a Longer-Term Investment for
Your Church’s Endowment or Reserve Funds?
Are you looking to earn income and/or grow your long-term funds and endowments at current market rates while still maintaining the Social Principals of The United Methodist Church?
· All investments are made in accordance with the Social Principles of the United Methodist Church
· Competitive historical performance record
· Consistent accounting of invested funds, with office staff available to help new church or organization officers understand the investment and the accounting
· Low cost for complete services Governed by Iowa United Methodists
· Choice of timing for interest payments and no penalties for timely withdrawals
· No brokerage costs for depositing stocks or gifts of stocks
· Support of the Iowa United Methodist Foundation’s work with churches and affiliated organizations in long-term stewardship for their ministries and missions.
· Building Fund Trust - The Trust issues 1,3 and 5 year Certificates of Participation with a minimum investment of $1,000 that earn investors a fixed rate of interest. These funds are primarily invested in United Methodist Church and Agency capital building projects and repairs.
· Short Term Income Fund - This fund’s primary objective is to provide an investment vehicle for shorter term funds seeking to earn a better rate than traditional savings accounts or money market funds.
· Bond Investment Fund - This fund’s primary investment objective is to maximize present income. The fund’s holdings will consist primarily of fixed income securities with a small allocation to cash and cash-equivalents.
· Balanced Investment Fund - This fund seeks to balance the objectives of both long-term capital appreciation and present income. This Fund is invested in a diversified portfolio of fixed income securities, equity securities, cash and cash-equivalents, and other alternative investments. The Product Mix and Diversification shall strive for a 60/40 balance between equity and fixed income investments.
· Equity Investment Fund - This fund’s investment objective is to seek long-term capital appreciation with current income as a secondary objective. The fund pursues its objectives by investing primarily in common stocks and securities convertible or exchangeable into common stocks, including warrants and rights.
You can find out more by going to http://iumf.org/investments.html . If you prefer, you can call or e-mail and we’ll be happy to send you fund information and our disclosure statement.
Iowa United Methodist Foundation