The latest information and inspiration.Subscribe
Carma Mohler Fund To Alleviate Hunger
Iowa United Methodist Foundation
...for I was hungry and you gave me food....
Carma Mohler established this fund because she had a passion for feeding the hungry and wanted to alleviate the problem of hunger. The Iowa United Methodist Foundation seeks applications from United Methodist-affiliated groups or nonprofit organizations based in Iowa that are addressing hunger through systemic interventions or programs providing immediate relief from hunger.
Priority will go to projects that provide a systemic intervention, such as:
• Community gardening
• Food or cooking education, such as eating healthy on a budget
• Other food-related projects that reap benefits beyond the term of the project.
Other eligible applications include:
• Food distribution, including pantries
• Meal programs
Projects should target hunger in Iowa or internationally. The IUMF places priority on projects that encourage community participation and response to hunger in a particular area with a volunteer or grassroots approach, and to projects where a small grant can provide a significant impact on the project budget.
Generally, the United Methodist Foundation will only fund projects that are affiliated with the Iowa United Methodist Church. Eligible applicants include:
• Nonprofit organizations (generally those with a historic connection to the UMC)
• Church groups, including youth groups or social concerns committees
• Informal community groups that work through a United Methodist Church or a nonprofit organization for purposes of the project.
Organizations may not receive funding from the Carma Mohler grant more than two consecutive years.
Deadline for Application: Postmarked October 1, 2014
Notification date: February 1, 2015
Total Funding Available: $5,000 to $7,000; Grants typically range from $1,000 to $2,000.
Submit application with all requested material to: Iowa United Methodist Foundation 2301 Rittenhouse Street Des Moines, IA 50321
The application can be found at: http://www.iumf.org/PDF/CarmaMohler.pdf