Submitted by DMPCC
This is a challenging time to be a religious leader. Clergy and congregations have been pressed to adapt and create new ways of caring and staying connected. At the same time, the level of anxiety of nearly everyone around them has been amped up to eleven!
Yes, this is a difficult time. However, there is no need to keep pushing ahead alone.
The concept of the “pod” has emerged as a way of safely connecting with others during the pandemic. The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center would like to take this concept into the virtual realm and invite clergy from all faiths and denominations to support each other and share what they are learning about leading and living during this challenging time.
Is a Virtual Clergy Pod for me?
- Does your personal leadership style integrate your core values and personality?
- Are you open to learning new skills and perspectives guided by a skilled counselor in a group setting based on what your are actually experiencing in your present context?
- Would it be helpful to hear the experiences of clergy in other denominations and religious traditions?
- Are you willing to trust and share your own experiences in a group with other clergy committed to supporting each other as they share the challenges of being a faith leader at this difficult time?
Virtual Pods will be adaptable:
- Discussions and content will be guided by the needs of each virtual pod.
- Pods will meet for 6 weeks for 1 1/2 hours each meeting. Initially, pods will meet weekly. However, in time, the group may decide to meet every other week or even extend their time together.
Virtual Pods will be contextual:
- Pod members will support each other practically and spiritual from their own traditions and life experiences.
- Pods will be led by Center staff who will bring skills and resources that are uniquely helpful to members in each group.
Virtual Pods will be safe:
- Pods will be virtual
- Pods will be confidential and supportive
- Pods members will not change
- Pods will be limited to 6-8 participants in order to foster unhurried discussion.
If you are a faith leader and would like more information about being a part of a Virtual Clergy Pod with other clergy, please email Chris Waddle at email@example.com.