The Iowa Conference Leadership Team continues to meet, carefully consider and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and how it affects the conference building's usage in Des Moines.
Staff and visitors need to continue to maintain COVID-19 masking, distancing, and hygiene protocols. Building usage for gatherings in the building will continue to have event modifications, mitigations, and protective behaviors until COVID-19 in the community is very low. The Leadership Team expects these modifications to continue throughout the summer of 2021 or longer.
The building usage policy that went into effect on Monday, July 6, 2020, remains and includes the following guidelines.
- Visitors are welcome in the Conference Center offices by appointment only during our designated visitor days, Tuesday and Thursday, from 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. (except holidays and weather-related closings).
- Please call your host staff member once you have arrived in the parking lot.
- The staff member will greet you at the front door and let you in.
- Please sign-in to the guest register near the reception desk, and after the close of a meeting, please sign-out in the guest register and promptly exit the building.
- Everyone in the building must wear a face-covering while in the building's public areas, including hallways and restrooms.
- If you arrive without a face covering, we have masks available.
- Please remember to not gather or congregate in the conference building's hallways, breakroom, or offices without maintaining COVID-19 masking, distancing, and hygiene protocols.
GROUPS (use above guidelines, plus...)
- Board, agency and committee meetings are encouraged to continue meeting virtually for the foreseeable future.
- If you need to request a group meeting in the building, please contact your staff resource person.
- We are allowing one meeting per visitor day (Tuesday or Thursday) of 5-12 people.
- At this time, the Iowa Conference is not providing mileage reimbursement or group meals.
- We are allowing individually packaged meals while maintaining COVID-19 masking, distancing, and hygiene protocols.
Iowa Conference strives to be a safe space for staff and ministry partners. For questions related to board or agency meetings during the upcoming months, please contact your staff support person, email email@example.com or call (515) 974-8900. The Conference Leadership Team will assess the situation and communicate changes to the above guidelines as needed.