It is less than 3 weeks until the 41st
Annual Mission Ingathering, and here are your last-minute instructions.
- Please plan to bring a car or truckload of kits (and money) to one of the five Ingathering sites on Saturday, November 7. We are looking for you, and many needy people are counting on you for help in this difficult year. Know that all your efforts are appreciated.
- All kits are to be in boxes and sealed shut. There should only be one type of kit in each box, and the boxes are to be labeled with number and type of kit, plus church name and town (know just how many First UMCs there are in Iowa?).
- Please fill out the 2020 remittance form completely. The form is in the yellow 2020 Mission Ingathering book and is also on the IAUMC website. Be sure to have a contact name and number on the form that can be reached on Saturday or Sunday if there are any questions. This should NOT be the church phone number, but the person who filled out the form. Make checks to Mission Ingathering.
- Persons delivering the kits will not need to get out of their cars. There will be volunteers to unload the boxes and place them in the trucks for delivery. Volunteers will also collect the remittance forms and money from the cars.
- If you have spare items for kits you want to donate, please put them in boxes but DO NOT seal them. Note what kits they are for and church name/town.
- If you have student kits but no one-handled bags, you may put them into plastic grocery bags and tie them closed. Midwest Mission does not want Ziploc bags. They can use the grocery bags but not the Ziplocs. Note on the box that the kits are NOT in cloth bags.
- If you have questions, contact your district representative or site chair. The names and contact information are found in the 2020 yellow Mission Ingathering booklet sent to all churches in February or at the IAUMC website, www.iaumc.org.
- There is a change in location for the Mt. Pleasant site. Kits are to be delivered to First UMC, 309 N. Main in Mt. Pleasant. This is just a few blocks from Iowa Wesleyan University, so look for the directional signs for kit and remittance form dropoff. All other sites are as listed originally and are anticipating your arrival on Saturday morning, November 7.
Iowa Conference Mission Ingathering Task Force