The two recipients of the 2018 One Matters award at the Iowa Annual Conference Session were Manchester United Methodist Church and Bloomfield United Methodist Church. Recipients receive a $1K ministry grant.
Manchester United Methodist Church successes:
Bloomfield United Methodist Church successes:
- The attendance at the Manchester United Methodist Church continues to grow.
- Our pastoral messages strive to make the scriptures relevant and have reignited a spirit of joy in our midst.
- We are practicing radical hospitality and have seen new families and faces join us in worship.
- Fellowship time has grown and our missions impact has been felt in our community including our recently completed "House of David" project.
- We credit our strong pastoral leadership along with the full support of our One Board and a willing congregation with many of our successes.
- As people see what is happening they want to become involved. We are seeing a positive change in our attitudes.
- Small groups have increased considerably helping to support each other in Christian love.
- We are sharing "Ministry Minutes" during worship.
- We are writing devotions for advent and lent sharing our faith with others.
- We have had generational testimonials.
- We have many people involved in our worship experience who are willing to help as needed and where needed including a presence at the nursing home and assisted living facilities.
- We have been faithful in our apportionment giving paying in full the past three years.
- We have been able to purchase a vacant adjoining property and are renovating it for additional parking and square-foot gardens.
- We have updated our landscaping, remodeled the Wesley Hall bathroom and upgraded to new TV monitors for worship among other things.
- Our chainsaw team has been called on to help with various storm damage in the area.
- Our budget is functioning well after many years of shortfall.
- We as a congregation celebrate all that is the Manchester United Methodist Church and look forward to the future knowing that God blesses those who are steadfast in Him and His word.
- Wednesday night programing experiencing explosive growth
- Healthy afterschool for program for unchurched children
- Weekly multi-demographic community meal with increased in attendance
- Small group ministry having significant growth in attendance and number of groups .
- Weekly church attendance has increased 25%.
- Small group leaders increased from three people to twelve people
- Weekly offering has increased significantly
- Current planning for a future building expansion