Share the exciting things that are happening in your congregation and the ways you’re making a difference in your community. Send the video you’ve posted on YouTube on on a social media site and we’ll add them to the new Your Video Stories
library. You’ll inspire others and may just help them to discover new ways to have a terrific impact.
Here are a few topics/themes that you might want to consider in your video storytelling:
- Community service
- New ways to reach your community
- New approaches to worship service
Things to send us:
Click here to submit your video
- Link to the video on YouTube, Vimeo, or wherever it’s posted
- A short description
- Link to your church website
- Name of person submitting and their phone number and email address
(not for publication, only if we need to reach you if we have problems opening your video, etc.)
Some things to keep in mind include:
Click here to see information about
- Less than 5 minutes in length
- Can be recorded on a cell phone (use horizontal format), DSLR, or other video camera.
- Wide appeal to Iowa churches
- Informative and engaging
- No soliciting, promotions, advertising
- Include license for background music, if needed
- If video scripted for individuals, signed releases
- Parental releases for children filmed individually
"Talent Release Form" or Google it for additional examples.
We’ll keep an eye out for what’s posted on social media and websites that’s of general interest and might include that in the Your Video Stories
archive too. If you video has minors in it, or contains what we think might be more sensitive information, such as a testimony about how a church helped someone recover from an addiction or an abusive situation we’ll ask the church if it’s ok that we post it.
We’re looking forward to sharing Your Video Stories
. The archive is already up and running!